It aims to promote tissue growth in the penis, improve an erection, and general sex life. Most patients achieve desired results with one treatment session however, this varies among individuals. An ultrasound is used as a guide before p shot and after to prevent the risk of damage to other tissues.
It is important to follow the post-operative instructions for the success of the procedure. You can visit the Sparc Center if any sexual dysfunction interferes with your sexual health and pleasure. We offer high-quality care provided by trained professionals at your specific point of need.
Indications of P Shot Procedure
- Enhancement of the penis, that is its width and length
- Peyronie’s disease, which refers to abnormal scar formation in the penis leading to penile curvature. The scar tissue is first removed before the injection is done.
- After an injury or surgery, it helps to increase the number of platelets in the injured area to fasten the healing of a tissue that is chronically injured.
- Loss of sensation within the penis
- Reduced sexual performance
- Erectile dysfunction
- Lichen sclerosus refers to a skin condition of the genitals affecting both men and women and results in itching and scarring
How P Shot Works
It works by stimulating stem cells and regulating cytokines. This leads to improved blood circulation, which is crucial information of new collagen that is needed for healing and formation of new tissue
Benefits of P Shot
- It widens the penis and increases its length
- Provides immediate effect however, it takes 2-3 months to be fully effective
- There is improved blood flow and sensation of nerves
- The platelets rich plasma injected is obtained from your tissues therefore fewer chances of a reaction.
- Helps with sexual function after surgery of the prostate
- It is a non-surgical procedure hence minimizes the risk of infections
- The procedure is a quick one and takes less than 1 hour. You are also able to resume your activities within a few days.
Pre-Operative Care of P shot
You must visit a doctor who will perform a thorough examination to determine whether you are fit for the procedure or not
A blood test is done to ensure you have healthy blood components that will be effective at the site injected.
During P Shot Procedures
It is a same-day procedure and takes 30-45 minutes. The process involves the use of local anesthesia since it is a simple procedure.
The blood sample is taken from the identified part of your body into a tube and then placed in a centrifuge to allow for separation of blood components to obtain platelet-rich plasma.
After blood components have separated, the platelet-rich plasma is extracted and put in syringes in readiness for injection. It is commonly injected into the penile shaft or clitoris.
If the injection has been done on the penile shaft, you will be given a penis pump to improve blood supply to the penis to improve the effectiveness of the components injected. Once the injection site has healed, you can substitute sec for this pump because
Care After P Shot Treatment
Avoid sexual intercourse for some days until the injection site has healed to avoid the introduction of microorganisms
Sleep in a lateral position to prevent pressure on the penis improving blood supply You will experience swelling and moderate inflammation for a few days. Apply ice packs intermittently to reduce pain and prevent further swelling
Avoid strenuous activities e.g. bending that increases intra-abdominal pressure cutting off blood supply to the penis delaying healing
Get rid of all anti-inflammatory drugs e.g., ibuprofen since inflammation is necessary for healing. Irritation at the site of injection is normal, do not run or scratch the area as it may cause more pain
Complications of P Shot Treatment
- Infection due to entry of microorganisms at the injection site
- Nerve damage especially when injecting
- Damage to adjacent tissues
- Pain at the injection site, this is temporary and will lessen within a few days